HDM has released a Z1 firmware upgrade, which can be performed in the field by users and distributors alike. It is easy and requires minimal time for upgrades.
- Automatically set the time zone using your PC time settings (Optional).
- Software upgrade for Z1 use on battery-power (see notes below)
- Updates to the firmware that addresses issues some users have with the display on the Z1
Directions on how to install new firmware:
Step 1: If you have not done so you must first download and install the HDM Data Viewer on your PC. Your Z1 has stored all of the sleep data since your first night’s use in its flash memory. Syncing your Z1 with the Data Viewer application will ensure that you do not lose existing sleep data.
Step 2: Once the Data Viewer is installed follow the instructions to Sync your Z1. Once your Z1 has synced, follow the instructions to save your data to file. This will save existing data to your PC to prevent its loss during the firmware upgrade.
Step 3: Download and install the Z1 Firmware Installer.
Step 4: Once the software is installed, reconnect your Z1 to the PC and follow the prompts to select your preferred upgrade options. Once you have selected your options complete the firmware upgrade.
Release 2: March 21, 2014
- Updates for screen/display issues experienced by some users.
Release 1: March 7, 2014
- Automatically set the time zone using your PC time settings (Optional). By selecting this option your Z1 will utilize the same time & date that is currently set on your PC using your local timezone settings.
- A firmware upgrade for Z1 use on battery power only in pressure situations > 12 CM H2O (Recommended).Current procedure as described in the Z1 User Manual, requires the use of RAMP in a stop/start situation beyond 4hrs. of use (i.e. bathroom break after 4 hours sleep) to avoid a low-pressure situation and REMINDER warning on the screen. This upgrade will eliminate the need to restart in RAMP after 4hrs. of use for any Z1 that has a set pressure of > 12 CM H20.
NOTE: Are you a registered Z1 owner? All registered users received an email with instructions on how to upgrade their firmware. If you register you can be the first to know when upgrades and new products are available. Register now!